Monday, April 16, 2012

Advice on weapons for a Frost DK

I currently play frost 2H frost and have done DW frost in the past. Tonight, I got some shiney new weapons from Dragon Soul, and I just want some advice from the DK experts here before I commit to reforging, etc.

I have the option to upgrade my current Axe of the Tauren Chieftains with Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster and remain in my 2H spec.

OR

I could pair up my new Souldrinker with my raid finder Souldrinker that's been sitting in the bank and switch to a DW spec.

The conundrum I am in is that while I know that DW spec is generally stronger, I am not sure if DW Souldrinkers is a good idea since you lose so many other stats.

Thanks in advance!
I don't have any numbers to go with this, but everything I've read says that 2h frost is bad. Basically if you have a good 2 hander you can go unholy, and if you have two good 1 handers you go frost, but stay away from 2h frost.
Well, I'll roll with the two Souldrinkers for now then
The proc on the souldrinkers makes up for the lack of stats.
You should run DW frost or 2H Unholy only, these are the best for DPS. Like Shaidar said the proc on souldrinker will make up for the lack of stats and are DW Frost BIS weapons.

Note that the order is

Normal Hand of Morchok
Normal Souldrinker
Heroic Hand of Morchok
Heroic Souldrinker
Off-topic: I like your choice of swords for your mog set. Wish I had gone with swords instead of axes.

No comments:

Post a Comment