Thursday, April 19, 2012

transitioning from pvp to tanking question

I've really only frost pvp'd on this character (and not even much of that) and didn't really save any pve gear. I'd like to give tanking a go, but don't want to be a total liability to the group. What are my options for getting a pve set up to speed?

Best I've come up with is reforging/gemming/enchanting my pvp gear for tanking stats and running 333 dungeons to get pieces until I can get a full set and working my way up the ladder. Is this the best way or is there something more efficient?
Nah, don't screw with 333 crap. Cata regs won't even get you valor. At the very least, be running heroics, preferably HoTs. You may find your pugs more accepting of a pvp-geared dpser than a tank, so if I were you, I'd turn the current pvp gear (assuming 377) into pve dps and use the justice and valor you get dpsing HoTs to buy tank pieces. You may often find tanks running HoTs don't necessarily need that 378 tanking gear that drops, so they'll probably let you need for offspec too.

No comments:

Post a Comment