Monday, April 16, 2012

Blood tanks and Aboms might

My main is a ret pally, and recently I've grouped with blood tanks who do not take this (at least it is to me) amazing talent. It essentially acts like a passive might, so that I can throw up kings and get overall more stats.

My question is: is aboms given up in favor of better talents? Were the tanks I grouped with kind of silly? I'd like to know if I'm overstepping my boundaries by thinking DK tanks need it.

EDIT: flow
Because in almost every raid situation you have someone giving mark/kings or another buff. It is good for soloing content though.
Even though I do purely Heroics I never use Abomination's Might. It's a DPS increase at best and a wasted talent if someone else has Trueshot or Unleashed Rage. Sure you get a 2% Strength increase, but again, DPS. Better to sink them into Improved Blood Tap to crank out more Death Strikes for healing and shielding.
Trueshot or Unleashed Rage


I guess so, I never actually thought about that >_>
I judged it without thinking of all the other buffs, my bad lol
Don't forget Blessing of Might. Unless I'm wrong it offers the same buff.
Blessing of Might (any paladin), Unleashed Rage (enhancement shaman), Trueshot Aura (marksman hunter) are all readily available in any raid setting, and their buff comes at no cost to the raid nor to their own spec.

This makes Abomination's Might really only give 2% strength, which, for a tank, is nothing short of useless. Consequently, hardly any Blood DK takes it.
Ty all for clearing that up for me
I take it for soloing, but as already said in group situations you often have other buffs to replace it.
My main is a ret pally, and recently I've grouped with blood tanks who do not take this (at least it is to me) amazing talent. It essentially acts like a passive might, so that I can throw up kings and get overall more stats.

My question is: is aboms given up in favor of better talents? Were the tanks I grouped with kind of silly? I'd like to know if I'm overstepping my boundaries by thinking DK tanks need it.

EDIT: flow


There is no mana return on it, like there is on Might..

Basically if you PVP as blood for randoms, it's kind of useful then..

Or....

If your raid has NO Paladins at all..(like that's ever going to happen).

If only it stacked with all of the buffs mentioned by Euliat, then it would be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment