Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gurthalak

Ok 3 questions:

1. Is this weapon a legit DK tank weapon, despite its lack of mastery or any stat to reforge into mastery?

2. If yes, does the tank role bonus apply to it in LFR? Because it seems like only dps would

3. If no, what's the current best tank choice in weapon from DS for tanking?

I used to be a DW tank in the very early days of cata (hate all you want but I was damn good at it) and decided that the performance boost of 2h tanking wouldn't hurt, but looking at the Souldrinker sword, I'm kinda liking the idea of DW again...
It's not a tanking weapon. DK Tanks should be using Experimental Specimen Slicer, or a weapon from Firelands (Hand of Rag or Skullstealer) if they're wanting a tanking weapon.
Should Blood use it to push higher DPS on fights where their survivability doesn't matter as much? If your healers can handle it, you put out enough DSs and know how to use your cooldown, do so at your own risk.
Ah, I completely overlooked the axe from You'sajh, thanks. I thought Blizz had neglected Blood DK's as far as weapons go in this patch. :D

Still a shame we don't get a weapon with an awesome proc like everyone else, but oh well...
An option until you come across the Experimental Specimen Slicer is the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/72844 unless you Raid Firelands.. it's the best you can get til you get the Specimen Slicer.

Reforge the Pit Lord, Exp to Dodge.. best choice imo till then.
An option until you come across the Experimental Specimen Slicer is the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/72844 unless you Raid Firelands.. it's the best you can get til you get the Specimen Slicer.

Reforge the Pit Lord, Exp to Dodge.. best choice imo till then.


Heroic Skullstealer (hell, normal Skullstealer) and Normal Hand of Rag are both better for DK tanking than Pit Lord, and post-nerf the fights (especially normal Shannox) are jokes. But if you don't have the people to raid or the organizational skill to set up a pug, Pit Lord is a viable alternative.
Aye,. I was saying such since he hadn't hit Firelands like myself :))

I was Gone on the update on Oct 2010 :// returned some 5 months ago. But agreed there are options in Firelands.

I just haven't been in a guild to allow for the option for Firelands since my return(& my playtime).. my old guild transfered alliance to some other server.. geerrrrrr /


edit: & Im not comfortable pugging Firelands atm.. my own fault there.. I need to research the fights more on tankspot or wowhead. .. but atm ,yea :// My own fault there. /nods
idk about DK tanking weapon, but it is GREAT for warrior dpsing, literally doubled my dps from using that old http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/72844
No. Best choice is something from Firelands or the Pit Lord's Destroyer if you're new to DS, otherwise it's Experimental Specimen Slicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment