Monday, April 16, 2012

I was gone for a little bit. Anyone else?

Man and I come back feeling like a newb to WoW after playing since vanilla. So anyways, everything is a bit chaotic right now and I'm having trouble picking classes.

Anyways.. Frost and blood were the "tanking" specs and unholy was the DPS spec.

All I played was unholy for pvp.

What is what now?

Anyone who has time to post. I sure appreciate your help.

And I guess while I'm at it ( though I know this is the DK forums ) is mage the same too? Or is frost still fairly dominant in pvp and arcane pve or has that changed all together too lol.
Frost DK
pve: DPS
pvp: BGs (good burst, roots, slows)

Unholy DK
pve: DPS
pvp: Arena (good sustained dmg and control, perm pet for that added pressure)

Blood DK
pve: Tank
pvp: Ridiculed to no end as bad bad bad (faceroll, easy, cheating, etc in BGs and low level arena). Although makes an ok flag runner in BGs. (decent dmg, gets kited very easily, self heals and CDs make you a pain to kill)

Arcane Mage
pve: good dmg, easy to play, almost no mobility
pvp: too squishy. You can kill a lot if you can free cast, if someone notices you you're pretty much dead.

Fire Mage
pve: nice dmg, good mobility
pvp: some good burst and a couple of roots and stuns

Frost Mage
pve: dmg is better than it was but still low for all but the best most dedicated players
pvp: still the go to mage spec, most control.
I feel you, I just came back after eight months and when I logged onto my main Death Knight I was so lost.

Her gear is horrid and both my shoulders tank/DPS were missing.

Anyway, I started this girl so I can get familiar with it again instead of jumping head first into a random just to get slaughtered.

No comments:

Post a Comment