Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Help with healing as a Blood Deathknight

So recently I've found that whenever I face other DK classes I get owned because they heal quite a bit. Can anyone give me some tips on healing as a death knight just in general beside spamming rune tap and death strike.
Are you talking about dueling?
If not I always recommend going into BGs with a healer friend.
I assume since you mentioned Rune Tap you are referring to Blood PVP.

Your spec isn't all that great. Drop Blood caked blade asap, if you are going more dps than Survivability then copy my Blood spec and glyphs, HS,DS,RS is what you'll use most.

If you want more survivabiltiy then sub spec into frost for lichborne so you can go undead and DC yourself. I find usually by the time I was using it I was going to die anyway so I don't mess with it anymore.

BUT generally, yes

deathstriking
Rune Tap, use Vampiric blood before to boost it and make sure to deathstrike to make full use of it.

Make the death pact macro that brings up your ghoul then death pacts it for a heal.

I have a full out blow everything macro, something like

/cast Vampiric Blood
/cast Rune Tap
/cast Icebound Fortitude
/cast Anti-Magic Shield
/cast Bone Shield
/cast Horde Battle Standard
/use Healthstone
/use 14 (Which is the pvp health trinket that I see no one use lol)
/use Draught of War

I keep my death pact macro seperate but using this macro then the DP macro I go to around 240k health and heal usually 25% to full.
Welp thanks Kalyssa that was pretty useful I am going for the survivability "theme". I will play dk's in arenas and i see them heal rediculous amounts of health and just look at it in awe. I guess most of it is not only my timing but use of heals. Recently all I have been doing is blood tap and death strike. I totally forgot about the Summon ghould and death pact thing. Thanks alot.

I'll copy the survivability idea you gave me and see how it works out!
There's an ability called Lichborne too and Ghoul Sac helps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment