Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Build: "Noob" or "AMGWTFBBQTHATSAWESOME"

[:1]I haven't played my DK much lately but I came up with this tanking build when I logged on..

Reasons behind skills I didn't take:
Hand of Doom: Shouldn't really need to silence to many mobs between Strangulate/Mind Freeze (Plus I have AMS for when I cant silence)
AB Might: Usually someone in the group has the same buff, for no skill points and its purely a DPS increase which I don't really care

Reasons behind skill I did take:
Unholy Command: Quick pace since most of the people out gear HoT instances, quicker DG's equals more control on the battlefield
Desecration: Same as above, DnD>Plague Strike>Enemies are all mine
Epidemic: That way I don't have to individually apply each disease, just Outbreak and profit

I realize this isnt the best raiding build, but would like to know if people would consider this build "viable" which Im goin to use for a few runs later.
Drop a point out of Bladed Armor if you want a more powerful slow.

Personally, I never found Desecration to be worth it. Your AoE threat should be fine, so all the mobs should be attacking you, and you shouldn't be moving, so none of the mobs should be moving, either. Putting down a Desecration also costs a DS.

Glyph of DS does more single target damage than RS/HS (HS is lowest).

Glyph Rune Tap. There's no reason not to.
Ah, thanks for the insights!

So, Outbreak isnt going to put down a Dese?

Edit:
Well that took the wind out of my sails, I was figuring that Outbreak would throw it down since the spell was applied, but not so much huh?
Only Plague Strike and Necrotic Strike place down Desecration, both of which cost an unholy rune.

No comments:

Post a Comment