Thursday, April 19, 2012

Frost

Just curious, when setting my stats for my frost dk, what are the main things i should be aiming towards? Crit, hit, mastery, etc.... I am sure they are completely different from a pally or a warrior.
str>hit/exp to cap>haste/mastery>crit

The hit cap for dw through reforging is 5% since they get Nerves of Cold Steel.

The whole haste/mastery thing depends on what kind of frost you play. Masterfrost is where you spec for mastery over haste and the usual dw frost is where you spec for haste over mastery. Don't spec out of mastery if you can. If something has haste and mastery on it, leave it alone.

Gemming wise, strength gems for all sockets except if the socket bonus is +20 str or more. Then use a purple or orange gem.

That's all I can think of.
Hey mate, check my channel :D
Going to be bringing out a Frost guide shortly :D.
Would really appreciate a Sub too guys!
thanks
http://www.youtube.com/user/CryptonLive/videos

2380exp Unh and Frost Dk btw
Great. It's spread to wow too. People leaving comments about them asking people to visit their channel on youtube, that is.
Sorry, didnt mean to spam, just thought it would help thats all.
Hey mate, check my channel :D
Going to be bringing out a Frost guide shortly :D.
Would really appreciate a Sub too guys!
thanks


Spamming threads on the WoW forums doesn't make people really want to watch your videos and subscribe. Infact. it lead me to go out of my way to dislike your videos.

As for frost DK stats, I think Conser summed it up pretty well.
Thanks for the advise. Only thing else I have to ask is about the blood spec. I have noticed that there is almost never a dk tank once you get to 85. If they work so good before you lvl out, why don't you see any after? I would put my blood dk up next to my pally as far as holding aggro, and as far as damage/dps, I am top of the meter. Just wondering why no 85 tanks?
I tank at 85... Lfr no problems, HoT's, a few bosses in 10 man DS. 226k hp buffed, with 160% absorb shield from mastery ( still working on gear)... and I end up doing damn good dps usually 17-21k as a tank.
My offspec is tank and I see DK tanks a bit. Especially in LFR. I'm not sure why you don't run into them much but I see them often.

P.S. Here are the weights for Haste/Frost standard from EJ

First non racial based hit and expertise caps

601 - Melee Hit
748 - Expertise

Now combat weights for reforging

3.14 - Hit until capped
2.48 - Expertise until capped
1.92 - Haste
1.90 - Mastery
1.68 - Crit

3.49 - Strength

Note strength's weight for geming

So here is for example how things can change in weight

There is a yellow socket with a 10 strength socket bonus

You can ignore the socket and just gem the bold. So for this case we'll use non epic gems

40 Strength vs geming for the socket bonus so 30 strength & 20 haste.

40*3.49 = 139.6
30*3.49 + 20*1.92 = 143.1

While not a large improvement it shows how a weight can change things. Like 20 haste being stronger than 10 strength on a spreadsheet.
next question: from what I have seen so far, the frost dk is extremely weak due to the fact that it doesn't seem to have any kind of heal or stun. Is unholy a more well rounded dps/pvp spec. you get everything you need with blood, just tired of playin the tank. and though I am doing great damage with frost, basically one on one sucks because of the no heal and stun.
Frost is more the glass cannon. You can try Unholy just keep in mind many that will counter you as Frost will still be rough for you as Unholy. Unholy does get a stun through Timmy's stun CD and is far stronger at countering some Casters. Frost is far more burst at the cost of defense/healing which is why it's referred to as a glass cannon. Basically you would have to take out the opponent before they could kill you. Very hard to do thanks to Resil. Meanwhile in a RBG if you get enough people in a pack and can get away with spamming howling blast at them? That makes you very dangerous. Apples to oranges. You will get more survival as Unholy though. Not a lot of survival but more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment