Saturday, April 21, 2012

Improved Frost Presence ???

Since Obliterate is so situational would it be more beneficial to take 2 points out of Annihilation and put them in Improved Frost Presence?

Thanks in advance
Since Obliterate is so situational would it be more beneficial to take 2 points out of Annihilation and put them in Improved Frost Presence?

Thanks in advance

might as well take all of them out and remove the glyph and give up using oblit entirely if you are going to do that
Would it be viable? I haven't PVP'd enough or done any arena's yet. I've only read how situational Obliterate is but, to be honest I've used it maybe only a handful of times in BG's and I can't remember a time when it was crucial to me achieving a kill or anything substantial. On the other hand I've used it quite alot in PVE but, PVP is my goal.

Thanks
Well, Improved Frost Presence is just as, if not more, useless in most cases. All it's going to do is give you a few more points of Runic Power per ability, which will only really help you when kiting, since Frost doesn't have any issue generating Runic Power to begin with.

However! If you find that you do spend Runic Power rather rapidly, then it would be worth it (I suppose). Personally, Obliterate may be only effective in certain situations, but it's nice to make sure it's effective in those situations.
Alright thanks for your responses. I think I might try it out for a day or two.
Keep obliterate as 2hd frost, it is not as useless as it would seem (but still extremely situational)

As DW, however, I pick up improved frost pres because DW needs all the RP it can get, and completely avoids obliterate.
Even in PvP, Obliterate still has its uses. The massive spike of damage you can get off a killing machine proc can punch through that last little bit of HP. I usually drop about 3 necrotic strike on a target and once I'm sure they're not healing/casting I smack them upside the head with my juiced up Obliterate - tends to ruin most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment